Industry Advancement in Actuated Propane ISC Valves
ISC valve operation and control is a major component of propane safety. Operating these valves has typically been done mechanically (cable and linkage) or pneumatically (using compressed air or nitrogen). Mechanical operation provides little to no safety redundancy as it is entirely manually operated leaving huge gaps for human error and accidents to occur. Pneumatically operated ISCs work well and provide many additional benefits, however, they rely on a remote pneumatic source to operate them and can develop ice and freezing issues in colder climates.
We have a brand new product – electric actuators for ISC valves. These new electric actuators offer numerous operational and safety advantages and operate seamlessly and most efficiently when integrated with our LPG control systems which we design and manufacture for Canada and the United States. These advantages include:
- Class 1 Div1 explosionproof rated
- CSA and CSA(US) approved for Canada and the United States
- No requirements to have a nitrogen bottle or compressed air source at hand
- Mechanical override
- Built-in limit switches (for pump protection and feedback options)
- Failsafe spring return
- Built-in fire link
- Compact design fits in tight spaces
- Built-in heater for cold weather protection
- Can be fitted to any standard ISC valve including Fischer ISC valves and Rego ISC valves
Contact us for further information on these new electric ISC actuators and find out how we can integrate them into your existing propane terminal control systems or provide you with a whole new control system package.